The Australian Labour Market for Migrants report provides information on Australian labour market conditions. It is intended to inform people interested in working in Australia on a temporary or permanent basis, and to organisations providing services to migrants and visa applicants.
The report notes that while labour market conditions in Australia were strong over 2022-23:
- some economic indicators suggest the Australian labour market is softening and will likely experience subdued conditions over the period ahead
- employment opportunities and growth varied widely across industries.
The Hot Topic analyses survey data on the medium-term labour market outcomes of both international and domestic graduates of Australian higher education institutions. Key findings include:
- three years after graduating, 70.0% of domestic and 60.5% of international graduates worked as Professionals
- the study areas with the highest international graduate employment rates related to Health Care and Social Assistance
- the employment rate of international graduates was 3.7 percentage points lower than the rate for domestic graduates
- international graduates were more likely than domestic graduates to perceive themselves as being over-qualified for their job at the time of the survey.