JSA will take a partnership approach to ensure that its advice matches and responds to the evolving demands of the economy, Australia’s workforce and learners, and supports the delivery of the skilled workers Australia needs.
The JSA Consultative Forum has been established by the Hon Brendan O’Connor MP, Minister for Skills and Training, to support the JSA Director, Professor Peter Dawkins AO, with advice from tripartite partners on key matters relating to JSA’s interim operations. The forum will provide strategic advice to the Director on the annual workplan, mechanisms for meaningful stakeholder engagement, and JSA’s early workforce capacity studies, cohort analyses or detail regional assessments.
The Consultative Forum Convenor may seek discussions with the Minister for Skills and Training to seek clarification on Government direction and priorities. The Convenor will consult Forum members and the JSA Director on meeting agendas, and inform the Minister on key issues arising at meetings.
The Forum will assist to lay the foundations for JSA’s longer-term ways of working.
The Forum represents union, industry and government and consists of the following members:
- John Azarias (independent convenor of the Consultative Forum)
- Kareena Arthy small state and territory representative, Treasury and Economic Development Directorate, ACT (shared with NT)
- Annie Butler, Australian Nursing and Midwifery Federation
- Scott Connolly, Australian Council of Trade Unions
- Andrew Dettmer, Australian Manufacturing Workers Union
- Mary Faraone, TAFE Directors Australia
- Correna Haythorpe, Australian Education Union
- Lill Healy, large state and territory representative, Department of Jobs, Skills Industry and Regions Victoria
- Natalie Heazlewood, Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Catriona Jackson, Universities Australia
- Megan Lilly, Australian Industry Group
- Dominic Schipano, Council of Small Business Organisations Australia
- Jennifer Westacott, Business Council of Australia
- Catherine White, small state and territory representative, Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade, NT (shared with ACT)
- Troy Williams, Independent Tertiary Education Council of Australia
- Danielle Wood, Grattan Institute.
The Australian Government will participate as an observer/policy advisor.